Wednesday 19 February 2014

Brilliant! Our home is ablaze, all because of my Father's 14th Wife.


     

I woke up this day to the blaze of lovely sunshine streaming through the AC vents and I began to wonder where it all began. My Childhood, the several women I’ve had the opportunity to live with and learn from, the bittersweet lessons they’ve imparted, the several jostle for attention in the house and the periods when everyone had to scheme against each other because it was in vogue. Those awkward and deafening silence at the dining table, the several arguments we had just for the sake of having one, the scheming put into the next day even when we weren’t sure we were going to wake up. I took everything into perspective this lovely morning.The house we grew up in was something criminally special, an entity that deserves a place in a worldwide list dedicated to chaotic establishments. Yes, that’s the house where father honed his promiscuous legendary status. He has been through a retinue of women that would last 100 lifetimes and they’ve oscillated between weird and abnormal at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment